Tuesday, 9 November 2010

3. Undedicated

Tired. Very tired. Always very tired.

So I have been monumentally lazy and have once again, not managed to finish hardly anything I have started! Blog, uni application (bad), books, gym, jobs, life. Bah.

To tell the truth, I have done nothing worthwhile with my life lately. Work, work, work, sleep, drink, work, same same same. So I will attempt to excuse myself for being particularly uninspired, even though I know it is just pure laziness and dissipating motivational levels.

I worked 7 shifts in a row, including a charming Saturday night/Sunday morning combination, and then decided to go out for Halloween. This mindset a drunken Ray does make. It was an all right night; had some drinks in the flat with some friends, went out to The 3 Sisters, then onto Bar Salsa (hurrah it has reopened!), fired back to Sneaky Petes for a couple standard jagerbombs, then I was forced over town to Opal where it cost a disgusting £6 to get in... left after 10 unimpressed minutes and went to the good old Hive nightclub for cheap drinks and general sweatiness. nice. I'm a scumdog at heart.

 
Sweaty Hive Main Dancefloor

I never really get Halloween off of work, this will be the first one in a good 3 or 4 years that I have been out for! However, due to working all the lead up to it, I didn't really make much effort with the costume. I went as some sort of zombie/vampire/agitated bloody geek. Yeah, I don't know either.


Me, my dubiously coloured drink, The Receptionist from my work, her friend (I think/hope?)


That hangover lasted 2 days. That's right, I can't kick it like I did anymore.

After Halloween was over and I had eventually recovered, my mum came down from Aberdeen to stay for a couple days. Always a joy, well... almost. A couple days of nagging passed (apparently I have too many coats on my coathook for her liking, nagging for the sake of nagging I feel!) and she went back up to deal with the ongoing saga of my Great Aunt and a nursing home and all sorts of drama. I am always irriated when she is here, but miss her when she is gone. My parents have just bought a house out in Colinton (suburb of Edinburgh) so when they move down here I am sure it will be better for us both - she'll see me and the cats, I'll get fed and washing done, but she won't be sleeping in my living room in my small 1-bedroom flat, where every movement echoes round the whole place... (she makes the loudest cups of tea at like 4am, why?)

Dave - the boy - has been very busy with fourth year at the moment, I'm quite proud of him really, he's buckled down a lot more than I ever managed to. Even if it does mean I don't get to see him quite as much as I would like to. We have been doing quite a lot of fun stuff together lately though, so I have been enjoying his effort to actually spend time together, rather than him coming over when I finish work at like 2am, sleeping, and leaving at 9am for uni (in boy world, that counts as spending time together, who knew).

On Wednesday we went to the Cinema to see Due Date, however this was sold out an hour before the showing, so we settled for Burke and Hare instead. Neither of us were overly keen to go see this, I had heard only bad reviews, so was expecting it to be terrible. It wasn't terrible, it had some good aspects, and it's always good to see Edinburgh throughout it. In fact a lot of it was filmed near where I work, one of the other managers actually wondered onto the set by Dropkick Murphys at one point! I hadn't realised it was going to be as slapstick comedy and farcical as it was. I reckon it would have been more succesful if someone like Tim Burton had directed it, making it darker but still funny. Oh well.

I've had enough of rambling for now. Next on the agenda: WWE Smackdown World Tour - Ray unleashes her inner 13 year old boy, shopping and Primark, and Alexisonfire (well this is tonight, and I'm stoked).

With that, a picture of the beautiful Dallas Green to see you on your way.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures! I hop you get your motivation back. :) &I loove halloween!

    ReplyDelete