Wednesday, 10 November 2010

4. The one where I left the basement to become a wrestler...

So, being the cultural fiend that I am, for our anniversary (which was back in May) the lovely boy got us tickets for WWE Smackdown in Glasgow. My inner 12 year old was ecstatic.

So on Sunday 7th of November we got the train over to Glasgow, made our way to Braehead Arena, went to our seating block and found we were RIGHT ON THE WALKWAY RAMP TO THE RING. Amazing! That's right, we got high-fived and everything. The Undertaker (my favourite) was billed for the event, but due to an injury pulled out a week or two ago, bad times. It was surprisingly enjoyable, I don't watch the wrestling anymore... well I occasionally watch it in work if there is no other sports on, so I had no idea who half of the wrestlers were. Didn't matter though! It was like being at a pantomime; I spent half the time 'oohing 'aahing' and wanting to yell 'HE'S BEHIND YOU'. Brilliant laugh, loved it, good boyfriend <3

Pretty Impressive (and buff!)
We stayed over at a hotel by the train station, mainly so I could get my Primark fill in the morning (oh Princes Street store, why do you tease me...) I was VERY restrained. I bought a cream woolly cardigan (totally unflattering, yet the warmest thing in the world), 3 pairs of amazing slouch socks for boots (very 90s, love it), a nice big ring (<3 costume rings), red snood scarf, red and cream gloves, an amazing Back to The Future tshirt from the mens section and cotton wool that the kitten has already made her way through. Ah Primark, so lovely you are. Dave did really well too, he got a couple shirts, boxers, socks, a really nice jacket. The mens section was particularly awesome. Had I not had so much crap in my basket already I would have made a fine old dent in the men's tshirt section. Lovely.

I also got a pair of leopard print slipper boots from ASDA to replace my trusty ones from River Island I bought a couple of years ago.

They are quite decent, fine for £8, and Cooper (the kitten) is loving the pom poms on the back.

Last night I went back through to Glasgow to see Alexisonfire. Mmm. Alexisonfire. Absolutely love them. And I went with Tam which was a bonus, hardly get to see her due to our silly working hours, but now she is moving to a new store in the middle of town I shall hopefully have A LOT MORE Tam time. Hurrah for TAM TIME.

Brilliant show, really loved it.

An example of our superb photography skills; I look mongoed, Tam has half a head
Hmm other than that, I had a manager and supervisor dinner and night out. It wasn't particularly exciting so I can't be bothered writing about it. In fact, I am striving to not write about work at all as it is not something I am loving right now.

Also, tonight I am going to the theatre to see 'The Importance of Being Earnest' with Dave, my friend Vicky and her boyfriend Joe. I am excited about that chat!

Till later x

No comments:

Post a Comment